29 November 2005

Linmar Boat San Francisco



29nov05
this is a beautiful old boat.
on my walk yesterday from San Francisco to Marin City, where i took the bus back to the city, i walked in Sausalito by at Baotworks. they were just adding the last touches of finish in renovating a boat, the Linmar San Francisco . a worker told me, that the boat is about 70 years old, so it's from the thirties. what makes the look of this vintage boat so great, is all it's wood, combined with some brass. wood is my darling material when it comes to building and giving a you a comfort feeling. the lettering *Linmar San Francisco* in gold is nice. there are thousands of big boats in the bay, but this is one of my favorites. a wine tasting tour with reds from the Wilson Winery in healdsburg would give it a classy style: what a luxury boat ride. i wish i could have seen the interior. i still don't have my Nikon camera, so i couldn't take a picture. today morning the boat is gone into the water and also the first day of hard rain since I'm here, so I'm not going out to Sausalito. i congratulate the owner, of which i have no idea who he is, of this nice renovation, and with his good taste doing so to preserve a historical boat.
the walk took me about five hours. it was my third walk from SF over the Golden Gate Bridge into Marin County. i also stopped to paint a small masterpiece with Crayola crayons: red, blakk & pink.
I did not have a camera at that time, the day after i wanted to take a Photo, the Linmar was gone from the Boatworks in Sausalito. The info below is from the website.



(The 78-foot Motoryacht Linmar was built by New York Launch and Engine in 1933. Designed by Ted Geary. Owned by David and Lynn Olson. Based at Mariner Square, Oakland.)