16 December 2005

Sunday Best Ocean Beach and Brunch

16dec05
today in my Sunday Best it was my Sunday Stroll with another short bath in the San Francisco pacific. It woke me up, but before I had coffee and a long shaped pastry with lots of powder sugar on top at the Garden House Cafe @ Clement, reading the Sunday times, writing a letter, mostly jingle bells songs in the background, then slowly down to Ocean Beach, admiring all the nice and simple houses with the most varied paint jobs along the streets. Again i saw there the same truck i spotted already yesterday from my bus ride, but yesterday i was walking without my camera, so today i took a shot of this van. It's a '52 Chevy, as the owner, Bob, 54 years young, explained. An old surfer since more than 40 years, he has 2 more of this car. He is a painter, and also surfs in Hawaii, where he has his own place. I asked him, where i could take a dip on the safe side and he gave good advice. It's like with snow skiing off piste, or freesking, it's good to know the local conditions. Still, nothing is safe. I had a good talk with him, good surfer scene @ Ocean Beach. Hopefully i meet him again. Today the waves were high, in the 12 feet range. I took another plunge into the water for few minutes, still a bit chilly in my blood i then slalomed along the beach through many, many, many dogs, mostly barefoot in the water disturbing many different seabirds searching for their Sunday best brunch. I saw the first pelicans diving for fish, just before the surf broke. I found a small shell, shaped exactly like the Shell shell, only mine is in white and grey and not yellow. At the zoo i got on the bus and made a different city tour with a couple transfers. I will not shower tonight, the all natural pacific essence on my skin is to precious for me to drain it back into the San Francisco bay. As it says on MUNI ads: only rain down the drain. While I'm hakking, i treat myself to two glasses of Fetzer Shiraz, two very laaarge glasses, now i don't see the pixels clear anymore.