06 December 2005

Chlaus Walk

6dec05
Today i walked the Samichlaus walk, to honor all * die chläus * around me, roundtrip Union Square to the other side of Golden Gate Bridge. I started at 7.30am and was back at 4.30pm. great weather, many dogs and even more Chläuse. First stop in the morning was after one hour warm up at the Chestnut Street Coffe Roastery for my medium size coffe and the San Francisco Chronicle, i stayed there for about one hour, getting deeper into the headlines and some chlaus watching. then it was just going and walking and sightseeing and some barefoot walking in the shallow seawater and in the sandy beaches, to give my feet a welcome massage and a breath of fresh air. Because me feet live mostly in the dark ages in wintertime, their home is in skiboots. In the last 10 years, my feet had this real seawater pleasure only about 5 times, and then always just for a moment. Walking barefoot on the beach is not without, as a surfer at Ocean Beach warned me: pay attention to broken glas in the sand. So while walking in the sand, i concentrate what's in front of me, so there is not a lot of sightseeing while walking.
Being here and be able to do all those great things, i'm a lucky man.